This item: Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success. By Rory Vaden Paperback. Only 2 left in stock (more on the way). Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00. The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business. § Stairs cantilevering from a central spine beam. B- Longitudinally supported (in the direction of movement): These stairs span between supports at the top and bottom of a flight and unsupported at the sides. Longitudinally supported stairs may be supported in any of the following manners: a. Beams or walls at the outside edges of the landings.
Take The Stairs Pdf Free Download Free
Between flights of stairs for changing direction in the stairs & providing a resting place between long flights of stairs. Tread - The part of the step that is stepped on. Riser - The vertical portion of the step between steps. Nosing - An edge part of the tread that extends from the riser beneath. The Take the Stairs book by Rory Vaden is a #1 Wall St Journal and #2 New York Times bestseller. The book talks about the psychology of overcoming procrastination, distraction and priority dilution and shares the secrets that ultra-performers use to build more self-discipline. Free download or read online Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success pdf (ePUB) book. The first edition of the novel was published in February 1st 2012, and was written by Rory Vaden. The book was published in multiple languages including, consists of 224 pages and is available in ebook format. The main characters of this business, self help story are,. The book has been awarded.
Want a Customized Stair-Stepping Workout Plan?
If you want to personalize your fitness routine with a customized stair-stepping workout plan that focuses on strengthening, form and heart rate, please contact a LIVE FOR LIFE fitness specialist at 684-3136, option 1.
Take The Stairs Pdf Free Download Windows 10
Click here to view sample snapshot of a beginner plan.
For those who are unable to participate due to physical limitations:
1 minute of alternate exercise (swimming, biking, walking, running, strength training) = 10 stair steps
Visit Duke's Showcase 'Take the Stairs' Stairwells
Duke supports the U.S. Surgeon General's call to action to increase physical activity across the nation. To encourage employees to take the stairs more often, Duke has outfitted several high-traffic stairwells with motivational signs to encourage stair use:
- Duke Hospital: Main stairwell near patient elevators; Children's Hospital 1914 stairwell
- Duke Raleigh Hospital: Stairwell #3 located in Engineering Hallway; Stairwell G located in G1 parking garage
- Durham Regional Hospital: Stairwell #9, near hospital registration; Stairwell #2 across from Special Services (stair map)
Note: Take the Stairs participants may record stairs climbed on any Take the Stairs, both on and off Duke's campuses.
REGISTER NOW. Once you have registered, open one of the trackers below and begin tracking your steps. Follow the instructions to submit your levels when completed.
- Electronic Logsheet: Self-Paced (Excel Format)*
- Electronic Logsheet: 5Ks to Marathons (Excel Format)*
- Printable Logsheet (PDF Format)*
*Submit to DUMC Box 3200 or fax to 919-684-1852
Earn Prizes for Reaching Each Level
- Register in person at the LIVE FOR LIFE office and receive your personal Take the Stairs logbook or register online for your logbook and guidelines. The LIVE FOR LIFE office is located on the lower level of Duke Clinics (Duke South) in the Red Zone. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (except for noon - 2 p.m. on Wednesdays).
- Start with the one-mile plan (2,000 steps). Each plan level must be completed before moving to the next level.
- Total your daily steps, both up and down. Use the log sheets to help you keep a tally.
- Download a plan if you want to challenge yourself to complete each level within a suggested timeframe.
- As you complete each level, return to the website to record your level. Or, you can send your log to LIVE FOR LIFE:
- Submit paper copies through interoffice mail to: LIVE FOR LIVE, Box 3200
- Deliver paper copies to the LIVE FOR LIFE Office
- Fax your log to LIVE FOR LIFE at 919-684-1852
- Prizes will be mailed to your Duke address. Please allow up to two weeks from the date of your submission to receive your prize. You may choose to receive LIVE FOR LIFE dollars equal in value to the gift for each plan completion.